support@extrabitgames.com

Warfront Infinite Dev Blog #7: Finished Rewriting The Game

Warfront Infinite Dev Blog #7: Finished Rewriting The Game

screenshot4

All of this week was spent rewriting the whole game in Unity Engine. What can I say… It took me over a month to make a game in OpenGL + Kotlin, but it took only 1 week to learn Unity and do it there. I guess I’m a little bummed that I didn’t start using Unity earlier. But at the same time I’m VERY happy that I switched. It made my life so much easier and programming in Unity is FUN!

ezgif.com-video-to-gif

What I’ve Done

So I haven’t implemented new features per se (except for particles), but only redid the old ones. But still here’s a list of what I’ve done:

  • Added collision detection (which was only few clicks in Unity)
  • Added GUI (main menu, splash screen, resume menu)
  • Improved pathfinding
  • Added object placement
  • Added new tower
  • Added heath bars
  • Added event management system
  • Added sounds
  • Added particles (enemy exploding)
  • Added enemy waves

screenshot3

Next Week

This coming week I think I’m finally going to start implementing new features and make the game feel like a proper game. I plan to finish at least one fully playable level, but I’ll see how it goes.

 

Thanks for reading! I’ll see you next week! 🙂

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *